Attendance Office/Enrollment » Intra-District Permit Request

Intra-District Permit Request

Our Intra-District Permit process is as follows:
  1. Prepare the required documents for the permit:
    • Intra-District Permit application (with resident school signature)
    • Proof of Residence
    • Student Grades
    • Additional documents specific to your chosen permit type (see the LAUSD Policy Bulletin)
  2. Wait for a phone call or email from our Attendance Office about next steps regarding enrollment packets and procedures. Parents seeking permits will be contacted in the order they appear in our Required Documents database.
Please also note the following:
  • We anticipate there will be more Intra-District Permit applications than we can accommodate.
  • Please recognize that permits are processed in the order they are received. Per district policy, incomplete permit applications will not be processed. It is imperative that you fill out the application carefully and completely.
General Information for Intra-District Permits
  • The deadline to renew permits for the 2023-24 school year is June 05, 2023.
  • Students attending MARSHALL HS in 2022-23 on an Intra-District Permit have until June 05, 2023 to submit a permit renewal for the 2023-2024 school year.
  • Beginning July 1, students without a valid permit on file will be disenrolled and will need to contact and enroll in their resident school.
  • Families will be contacted via email (late May and mid-June) and/or phone (mid-June) regarding these policies.
  • Please submit your permit renewal by the June 5th deadline.
  • If you need more information regarding permits, the following link may be helpful:
Resident School Administrator Signatures:
  • District policy requires that the resident school sign and stamp the permit to indicate that the administrator at that school has approved the release of the student seeking the permit.
  • This mandate applies to all types of intra-district permits except Continuing Enrollment permits.
Continuing Enrollment Permits:
  • If you are seeking a Continuing Enrollment Intra-District Permit, your child must be currently attending MARSHALL HS.
  • A signature from the resident school is NOT required unless your resident school for next year is changing.
  • For more details about the types of permits please see the LAUSD Policy Bulletin.
  • To determine your child's school of residence, use the LAUSD Resident School Identifier